top of page
/ CAREERS /
Join Our Team: Sleepagotchi is Hiring!
Become a part of a community that is passionate about helping people build healthy sleep habits.
Worldwide / Fulltime / Remote
Character 3D Artist
Sleepagotchi is seeking a talented and passionate Character 3D Artist for a mobile game that helps people get better sleep.
What is Sleepagotchi
Sleepagotchi is a game for sleep that combines a reward system with sleep tracking to enhance users' sleep habits. With $3.5 million investments from prominent backers like 6th Man Ventures and angel investors include Cem Kansu (vice president of product at Duolingo) Sleepagotchi is poised to disrupt the game market.We are advised by multiple former employees of Supercell, DreamWorks, and Duolingo to bring healthy benefits in fun and entertaining forms to millions of people. We already have an active fanbase in Japan, the USA, France, Germany, and worldwide.
As a Character 3D Artist, you will be responsible for bringing characters, environments, and objects to life through captivating design and detailed modelling. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our art advisers, who have crafted masterpieces like Puss in Boots, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, and more. They will guide you in refining the style, direction, and technical details of your artwork, ensuring that every creation meets the highest standards of quality and innovation.
What will you do?
• Creating high-quality stylized and semi-realistic 3D-character models for mobile games and game cinematics (characters sculpting, retopology, texturing).
• Preparing both low-poly optimized character models for export in Unity game engine and more high-poly for game cinematics.
• Providing high-quality texture maps.
• Collaborating with a team of game designers, 3D-animators, and concept artists.
• Interpret abstract ideas or concept art.
• Presenting the effects of your work and efficiently justifying your project decisions.
• Researching reference materials.
What are we looking for?
• At least 2 years of experience in creating 3D models and textures of characters (using ZBrush, 3ds Max/Maya/Blender, etc.) - this is critically important.
• Excellent knowledge of sculpting, modeling, and texturing in any 3D software (ZBrush, Maya, Blender, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of mesh optimizing for export to game engine.
• Strong understanding of character animation principles.
• Excellent knowledge of UV mapping, texturing, and PBR material creation for character models.
• Excellent understanding of shapes and shape language.
• Traditional drawing skills.
• Passion for video games and a deep understanding of character design and its impact on gameplay and player engagement.
• Good English (at least B2) to communicate with the international team.
• Strong experience in a similar stylistic context.
• Ability to work independently and being problem-solving.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
• Experience with Blender.
• Experience with game engines (i.e., Unreal Engine, Unity).
• Character rigging in Blender is a significant bonus.
• Bachelor's degree in Animation, Art, or a related field.
Looks interesting? Apply here
bottom of page